Last Updated: December 2022
TKN Tyson LLP ("we" or "us" or "TKN Tyson") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide us when you use or visit our website (the "Website"), mobile applications and other online services, when you attend our seminars, webinars or events or when you otherwise interact with us as described in this policy (collectively, the "Services").
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On channels, mediums and platforms through which we provide the Services.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages as you use our Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- any other website or application operated by a third party, including our clients; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are intended for adults 18 years of age and older and is thus not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or post any information on any channels, mediums and platforms through which we provide the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use the Services or any of its features, (ii) register or provide information with respect to any of the Services, (iii) make any purchases through the Services, (iv) use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or (v) provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number ("Personal Information");
- financial information that you submit in order to pay invoices through the Services;
- about any requests you submit to us through the Services;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as internet protocol address and your geographic location; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including information you provide when you access or use the Services, send us an email or text, fill out a form, respond to a survey, apply for a job, interact with us on social media or otherwise communicate with us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or clients.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, we may use information from Linkedin or other social media to update information about you in our contact database.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in employment or participating in an event based on your browsing behavior on our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website or how you use or interact with our other Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to use our Services .
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Click Tracking. Click tracking is a tool used to determine and record what a user clicks on while browsing through the Services. Our Services may use click tracking to conduct market research and software testing.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website or other Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related internet statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present and provide the Services to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To send you newsletters and updates.
- To communicate with you about our Services, programming and events and other information we think will be relevant or of interest to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Communications with You
From time to time, we may use your personal information that you have provided to us to send email messages to respond to any emails or other communications you send to us or to advise you of any problems with our Services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as website hosting, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and other similar services.
- To a third party (whether affiliated or unaffiliated with us) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply agreements we have with you.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TKN Tyson, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies. For purposes of advertising and other behavioral tracking, our systems recognize "do not track" signals from your browser. However, the Website and our other Services may still utilize cookies even if you have enabled Do not Track in your browser, in order to track session data that is critical to the functionality of our Services, such as verifying a user's identity.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may opt out of future e-mails by following the "unsubscribe" process at the bottom of the promotional email. If there is no such process, then you must state your request to [email protected].
The transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to or through our Services, submitted by you, information gathered about you, or information stored by us. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or our other Services.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, if we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please email us at [email protected] with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Company's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to [email protected]. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an e-mail to: [email protected]. Requests via written mail, telephone, or facsimile will not be accepted. The e-mail subject line and the content of your request must include the phrase "Your California Privacy Rights," and include your name and e-mail address. Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.